The Louisiane is the second model that came out the Girault Guitars workshop, the “gibsonesque” answer to the “fenderesque” Origin. Unlike the latter that freely lends itself to original shapes and interpretations, the all-mahogany and 24.75 scale neck is part of a noble tradition that is harder to interpret.
However, the Louisiane is a classy guitar, full of grace with an undeniable rock feel. It is a decidely upscale model, whether you opt for the slotted headstock (a visual nod to the acoustic world, a very rare feat on an electric, even made by a luthier) or for a regular headstock (classic but classy).
You can take it towards a Gibson direction (P90 or humbuckers, figured woods, inlays…) or a Gretsch direction (TV Jones, Filter’Tron or DeArmond, Bigsby…), the Louisiane will remain an exceptional version of any concept you will throw at it, supremely deluxe even as a Junior.
Chose yours :
- Body : Mahogany / Alner / Swamp Ash / Korina …
- Neck : Maple / Mahogany
- Fingerboard : Rosewood / Ebony
- Tuners : standard or locking
- Bridge : Wraparound / Tune’o’matic / Hardtail
- Pickup : SP Custom / Hepcat / Bare Knuckle / Girault
- Pots : Bourns / CTS
- Caps: Paper oil / Céramic
- Jack: Switchcraft
- Finish: Oil Wax / Varnish Nitro ou PU